DS-wG Solution for Renewable Energy Systems
The complete real-time condition monitoring solution for wind turbines (DS-wG)
With extensive industry experience: The specialists at Delphisonic offer a tried and tested monitoring concept specifically tailored to wind turbines. Our unique software (DS-X) and hardware (DS-wG) solution was originally developed 5 years ago in close cooperation with General Electric (GE) operators and service departments.
The Crucial Quality Advantages
Condition monitoring with modular service offerings with no more climbing to wind turbine.
With Delphisonic DS-wG you will find the flexibility you need. Focused on you, our client, we adapt our service to your requirements.
- Unique experience. Our diagnostics experts monitor more than 100 wind turbines. Their in-depth expertise is applied to each new condition monitoring project. Variable operating conditions, complex transmission and low rotational speeds these factors all require a different monitoring approach to conventional rotating machinery.
- Reliable fault diagnostics. If faults occur, it is essential they are discovered in good time. It is equally important to manage the flood of alarms and properly identify any false alarms. This can lead to considerable cost savings. That is why so many wind turbine operators rely on our condition monitoring system and service a smart approach to your advantage.
- Certified quality. Both our condition monitoring systems and our condition monitoring services are certified by US Loyd.
Industry Maintenance Requirements
Wind turbines are typically subject to high and varying loads, as well as extreme weather conditions. This can accelerate machine component degradation or at least make it unpredictable at best. In such a situation, adequate levels of machine uptime can only be achieved by rapid response times and fast service to correct the problems. Such an approach is difficult to implement, given the remote locations and the need for cranes and other external factors. This is even more critical for offshore wind parks where turbines cannot be reached during adverse weather conditions.
For this reason, condition monitoring plays a vital role in a successful operation and maintenance strategy for wind turbines. A condition monitoring solution dedicated to the special requirements of monitoring a wind turbine is needed to take into account the special construction of these machines and their operation:
- Low rotational speeds
- Complex gearbox structure
- Non-rigid foundations
- Compact construction
- Continuously changing wind conditions
Such a system not only has to accurately detect a number of developing faults that are unique to wind turbines, but it also has to avoid the flood of alarms that can often occur while monitoring the wind turbines. Some of these alarms can be due to changing operating conditions, and therefore the condition monitoring system requires an effective power class monitoring strategy for reducing these types of false alarms. Often there are many alarms generated for the same, single fault due to the compact construction of the wind turbine drive train, so an intelligent alarm management system is also needed to reduce these types of redundant alarms.
Early fault detection with proper alarm management significantly improves the accuracy and reliability of the condition monitoring strategy, but it is still not enough for many applications. Fault diagnosis expertise is necessary for not only for identifying the type and location of the fault, but also for determining its severity and establishing a lead-time to failure. Such expertise is hard to come by, and many operators do not have it.
These are some of the primary underlying concepts from which the Delphisonic DS-wG wind turbine condition monitoring system solution was built upon.
Vibration measurements, process parameters and speed/phase information on the machine components. Developing a smart, problem-oriented analysis system that uses the Internet of Things (IoT) to remotely monitor the facility in real time, quickly convert large amounts of data to facility management, and immediately detect facility abnormities. The system must also improve overall facility efficiency, cost saving, reduce maintenance time-cost, and enhance work place safety.
- Delphisonic DS-wG condition monitoring solutions
Together with our partners, we coordinate building, mounting and handing over of the systems as a fully operational solution. You will receive a DS-wG system that is absolutely ready to go.
- Customer-specific solutions. With our DS-X Cloud-Based Software, your vibration specialists can use all monitoring and diagnostic functions without external support.
- Combination of both solutions. Would you like to manage the operation and maintenance of your monitoring system and database server yourself? And still have access to diagnostic experts to assess your maintenance needs? Simply select the relevant components from our modular range of services.
- Gearbox 1st, 2nd & 3rd Stage Failure Modes:
Gear Defects: Looseness, Gear Wear, Gear Tooth Faults
Bearing Defects: Lubrication, Misalignment, Looseness, Race and Cage Defects
Shaft Problems: Unbalance, Misalignment
- Low Speed Shaft & Main Bearing Failure Modes:
Rotor, Unbalance, Bent Shaft, Lubrication defects, Bearing Looseness, Bearing Defects
- Generator DE & NDE Failure Modes:
Lubrication Defects, Bearing Misalignment, Bearing Looseness, Bearing Defects, Shaft Unbalance and Misalignment, Bent Shaft, Looseness, Coupling Faults, Support Structure Changes, Electrical Faults
- Structural Failure Modes:
Support Structure Changes, Gearbox Suspension Defects, Resonances